Summary of position:
Job Objective Skills and competencies required:
To ensure comprehensive management accounts are produced on a monthly basis for a portfolio of companies, providing analysis against historical data and monthly/annual budgets. Key tasks:
- Produce and or review balance sheet schedules each month that agree to the trial balance
- Produce and/or review revenue reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare/review commentary on management accounts
- Analyse profit and loss movement and trends on a monthly basis
- Investigate unusual balances or discrepancies
- Prepare/review cost recharges for other group companies
- Work with business units to provide meaningful management accounts.
- Business partner with managing director, to provide ad hoc and monthly required data for board packs.
- Support and coach junior staff in developing their month-end skills and knowledge.
- Monitor cashflows for specified entities to ensure key expenditure requirements can be met.
- Ensure all returns, payments and statutory requirements are completed on time.
- Work with external auditors, tax advisors and accountants to provide required information in a timely fashion for annual compliance.
- Ensure appropriate accounting policies are being applied and follow relevant UK GAAP standards. Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
Skills and competencies required:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Comprehensive accountancy knowledge
- Great attention to detail
- IT Literate
- Proven problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work with sensitive information
- Ability to work autonomously but also as part of a team
- Adaptable and open to change
UK Driving Licence required (as there will be some ad hoc travel in the role)
QUALITY AND INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT
Companies in the group hold accreditations for ISO:9001 and ISO:27001. All employees are responsible as an integral part of their role to uphold the Quality Management Systems in line with ISO:9001 and the Information Security Management Systems in line with ISO:27001 and the internally documented practises.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent