Group IT Service Desk Analyst
Contribute to request and incident resolution by way of in-person, hands-on analysis, and support to end users at the desktop level, reviewing monitoring alerts and Service Desk escalations.
Ensure tickets are up-to-date and logged to the highest quality, correctly identified and prioritised, and responses are timely, containing meaningful feedback, thus ensuring an excellent service to all staff across the group.
Work as a resource to the Group IT Service Desk Manager in projects to garner an understanding of new technologies being introduced to the business.
- IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and organise the implementation of help sheets, guides, and end user training to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Troubleshoot, or organise repair when necessary, for IT equipment.
- Perform fixes at desktop level including installing and upgrading software and hardware.
- Track user inventory and status for desktop hardware and software throughout the Group.
- Maintain stock of IT equipment and accessories, purchase new or replacement equipment and parts, as necessary.
- Assist in identifying, analysing, and monitoring trends with requests and incidents.
- Identify updates and improvements to processes and system workflows to the Group IT Service Desk Supervisor to improve the delivery and support of services and products.
- Escalate incidents and requests where appropriate and necessary to the Group IT Service Desk Supervisor and Group IT Service Desk Manager.
IT Service Desk Skills
- Strong understanding of Windows Desktop Environments and AD.
- Experience supporting Windows desktop and peripherals environment.
- Strong customer service skills, incident analysis and prioritisation, and effective communication.
- Strong Microsoft products background knowledge.
- Network knowledge and troubleshooting skills (LAN, VPN, TCP/IP).
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to define issues and requests, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The Group IT Service Desk Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day analysis and resolution of incidents and requests, ensuring that SLAs are met, and tickets are kept up to date, to service and interface with users within the business. Ensuring that BAU Services are available day-to-day for the business by supporting and maintaining the user, desktop, peripheral and software environment. You will also be a resource to the Group IT Infrastructure Team for projects and the delivery of project related tasks assigned by the infrastructure team via the Group IT Service Desk Manager. Supporting policies (27001, 9001, ITIL or process) defined and created by the ISMS and Group IT Services Management team.