Have you enabled Two-Factor authentication (2FA) on your LinkedIn account yet?
A rising trend has seen malicious hackers enabling 2FA on accounts they have breached, which is completely avoidable by simply turning on the 2FA feature in LinkedIn.
Some key LinkedIn user security tips:
- Create a strong, unique password for your LinkedIn account i.e., don’t skimp on the numbers and symbols.
- Enable the 2FA security feature:
- Go to Me > Settings and Privacy.
- Select Sign in and Security.
- Find Two-step Verification and click Turn on.
LinkedIn appears to offer both app-based 2FA and SMS-based 2FA.
Check your LinkedIn account’s settings to ensure that it is associated with an email address that you check on a regular basis. If you don’t do this you might miss a vital communication telling you that someone else has added their email to your LinkedIn profile.